Gentessential’s 5-Step Guide to Eating Canapés
1. One should ever nibble a canapé, they should be small enough so they can be consumed in one mouthful.
2. If you are serving these always offer some empty dishes to dispose of used cocktail sticks or skewers.
3. Never double dip a canapé – dip once in the sauce provided and then consume the canapé. You wouldn’t lick your fingers and stick them in the gravy; the same goes with canapés.
4. Try and eat canapés with you left hand, keeping you right hand free for shaking hands and introductions.
5. Don’t hog the canapés – don’t be ‘that’ guy.