Gentessential’s 5-Step Guide to Gym Class Etiquette
1. Dress accordingly – skimpy shorts or see-through clothing is to be avoided. Also make sure your gym kit is clean and odour free.
2. Use mirrors liberally – like checking your form during an exercise, not to see if that one bicep curl has resulted in any increased girth.
3. Do not stare – even if Candice’s downward dog is the best you’ve ever seen, focus on your own exercises.
4. Keep the chatter to before and after the class, you’re there to work out not gossip.
5. Let the instructor lead the gym class and don’t interfere – we wouldn’t tell you how to do your job now would we.