Gentessential’s 6 Step Guide to Pouring a Glass of Wine
1. Always serve women first & in a clockwise direction when dining at a table.
2. Always pour from the individual’s right, as this is usually where the wine glasses are located.
3. Never pour more than half a glass per individual, despite how demanding some of your guests maybe for that extra drop. An average 750ml bottle of wine provides approximately 5 pours.
4. Leave the glass on the table as you pour & do not rest any part of the bottle on the glass, pouring from a little height also allows the wine to aerate when poured.
5. Finish each pour with a twisting motion and if suitable wipe the lip of the bottle to avoid dripping.